Monday, May 22, 2017

Magic Things


"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."
-W.B. Yates
Did I spell "senses" wrong on the page?  Yes, I did. 
Apparently, my spelling senses need to grow sharper...

But spelling errors aside, I am a fan of the quote for sure.

I like the idea of magic things waiting for us to notice them.

I think we get caught up looking for grand gestures of the universe,
and, sometimes, I think we can get those things.

My guess is that the magic of life, though, is found in the small details...
the parts we ignore as ordinary. 

So much of life is found in the smallness of it....

Maybe that's why those magic things are looking forward to our perception becoming more keen.
Because the magic is already there.

We just have to open our eyes and see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!