Monday, May 29, 2017

Frida The Dog, Inspired by Frida the Person


Frida Frida

I was inspired to do a picture of Frida, the most adorable dog I know, inspired lightly by Frida Kahlo:



Flowery Fridas galore...

  You know what's hard to draw?  Frida.  The dog, not the person...  The person I might have had better luck with...lots of human face practice...not enough puppy face practice.

So I thought I might check out some tutorials for drawing dogs which resulted in this:


I used THIS tutorial for my drawing.

I think it turned out better, still cartoony but more correct than my Frida drawing.

I like to see what I can come up with on my own sometimes and then go for a tutorial.  I think it helps me assess my progress. 

My Frida drawing is better than it would have been when I started, better than just a year ago even.  But there's still a lot of room for improvement of course and that's exciting...I have so much further to go!

Art is one of those things where the journey is at least as important as the destination...
It's learning skills, but also style and personal preference.

I enjoy learning and growing...

I enjoy the journey that art takes me on...to the point where I am often glad that I have so much further to go...

When the journey is this much fun, who worries about the destination?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!