Thursday, May 25, 2017

Copy Cat, Smelly Rat...


I made this lady because I have a secret love affair with Danielle Donaldson's  work.

I really enjoy her color palette...it's so...I don't know...ethereal, antique, romantic...fabulous...

My girl is a pretty blatant copy, but I swear it's because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

I saw the head wrap on one of Danielle's girls and thought it was one of the most glorious things I have ever seen, so I had to copy it.

Donaldson's CreativeGIRL book is actually pretty good as well...  I have a copy somewhere, and I can't find it and it's slowly killing my soul.  You know how it is...you put something in a spot because there's no way you'll forget where it is and then the next morning you wake up and don't have a clue what you did with it...I can't be the only person who does this...

On my girl, I forgot to color in the eyes, but I think that it brings the head wrap out as the focal point...so much so that I decided to leave them that way forever...also, I really enjoy the lip shading on this gal...

I'm looking forward to making more art with this color palette in the future...and to finding my copy of CreativeGIRL so that I can do the exercises it contains!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!