Monday, June 1, 2015

Enough Nerve

Today, I've got my spread for JOURNAL 52'S prompt "Collage Crazy":

"Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve." -J.K. Rowling

I can't even explain how much I love this spread!




Scrapbook paper base, followed by napkins, a wash of color, followed by gesso through a stencil and some glorious drippage!

Hubba hubba!

It's not my usual for sure, but I really love how this turned out!   SQUEAL OF DELIGHT!  SQUEAL OF DELIGHT!

Sigh.  Glorious!

I'm magically in love with this spread, and I love the sentiment behind it as well...the idea that the world is my oyster if I can only work up some nerve...or moxy if you will...I love that word...moxy.

I've worked on getting my moxy back since I've made my major life move...and one thing I did was to get a haircut:
Ugh.  Selfies.  But on the positive side, my hair is fabulous.

Considering the fact that my hair was halfway down my back when I got this cut, I'd say that more than a little moxy was required.  But I love it!

When I got my haircut, the lady (who my sister uses and recommended) said "You know, you just have the perfect attitude to pull this haircut off."  Which I took as a huge compliment, because to me, short hair takes confidence.  You don't have anything to hide behind...to shrink into when you're nervous.  You're just out there!  

So maybe my moxy wasn't entirely gone...it was just simmering quietely beneath the surface...waiting to be let loose on the world...

2 comments:

  1. I know I've missed a couple of posts lately, for which I apologise. I too love your spread but I love the photo of you even more. You are gorgeous!! And you hair is lush! I'm so glad you got the moxy to go for it and you won't regret it, it's so easy to deal with; especially in hot weather. I've had mine pixie short for a lot of years and having had it long too, I know which I prefer, lol.
    You have such an insight to the human psyche; you have the knack to make the reader say, 'Oh yeah...' in revelation. You are an inspiring.young woman.
    Now, I'm off to see what the shrugging hippo is all about, lol. {{hugs}} xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your spread - and I love, love, love your photo. I love the word moxy as well, and like to combine it with mojo. So I'm here specifically to tell you you're really rocking that moxy mojo, and it's fabulous to witness. It is indeed.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!